We are Looking for PartnersThe Reshoring Initiative is looking for partners to help in the following areas:
- Additive Manufacturing – We are looking for cases of companies that have used additive manufacturing (3D printing) to produce reshored parts. OEMs and contract manufacturers are both encouraged to submit their cases. Please submit your case study online.
- U.S. Politicians – We are seeking the support and involvement from both political parties to help spread the word and make the United States the best country for manufacturing. A broad range of politicians' offices have already contacted us, including: Senators Durbin (IL) and Gillibrand (NY), Congressman Schneider (IL), and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel. If you have connections with any U.S. Representatives or Senators that might be interested, please send them to us at email@example.com.
Kirkus Review calls the book, "A sophisticated, persuasive argument that Made in America means a stronger America."
Purchase your copy on Amazon.
Reshoring: An Increasingly Global TrendReshoring is becoming a hot topic abroad, especially in Europe. In the past few months, the Reshoring Initiative has participated in discussions and interviews with European leaders and researchers, including:
- The business association in The Hague
- Business, government and university groups at Tilburg University in Holland
- Mainstream Dutch media coverage on TV and radio
- A full-page cover article in the August 5 edition of Het Financieele Dagblad
- French Industry Minister Arnaud Montebourg
Discount RegistrationRegistration is now open for the Reinvesting in American Manufacturing Conference, which will be held December 4-5 in Houston, Texas. The two-day conference will focus on the factors driving reinvestment in America, including changing global economics, supply chain strategy, manufacturing technology, total cost analysis and government incentives.
50 speakers from top companies including GE, Caterpillar, Motorola, Siemens, Lenovo and NAM will present on their reasons for making recent capital investments in the U.S. Reshoring Initiative Founder and President Harry Moser is an event advisor and will be moderating a panel, as well as presenting a session on reshoring.
Register online and use discount code: MANU13HM to save 20% on your registration.
|Harry Moser (right) meets |
VP, Merchandise Finance & Strategy - Softlines,
Walmart U.S. Guy Rockey during Walmart’s
U.S. Manufacturing Summit.
Also of NoteReshoring Initiative Founder and President Harry Moser attended Walmart's U.S. Manufacturing Summit, which took place August 22 - 23 in Orlando, Florida. Make sure to read our blog on the implications of Walmart's pledge to spend $50 billion on Made in America products.
Reshoring and the Reshoring Initiative were featured in Profile Magazine's article "Made in America. Again", which ran in the July/August/September 2013 issue.
Upcoming 2013 Events
- October 29-30 – 2013 Manufacturing Advantage Conference – University of Wisconsin - Menomonie, WI
- November 6 – SC Upstate Lean Alliance – Greenville, SC
- November 7 – 28th Annual SCMI Fall Forum – University of California–San Diego - San Diego, CA
- November 18-21 – FABTECH – Chicago, IL
- November 19 – NEXT: The Event for Technology, Manufacturing & Innovation – Syracuse, NY
- December 4-5 – Reinvesting in American Manufacturing – Houston, TX
- December 8 – Mid-American Economic Development Council – Chicago, IL
A complete list of upcoming Reshoring Initiative appearances can be found on the Upcoming Events page.
Reshoring ResourcesTotal Cost of Ownership Estimator™ – The Reshoring Initiative offers a free online estimator tool to help in making your sourcing decisions and selling against offshore competitors.
Commerce Department's ACE Tool – This online resource helps users develop data for comparing domestic to offshore sourcing, including:
- trends in unit labor costs
- labor market risk score
- air fare and other travel expense
- global competitiveness index infrastructure
- time and cost to comply with all procedures to export goods
- trade financing and associated costs
- recalls under Consumer Product Safety Commission jurisdiction
- natural gas prices in U.S. dollars and reserves
Invite the Reshoring Initiative to address your or your customers' industries at a speaking engagement or meeting.